Sunday, August 30, 2009

Let the Caffeine Do the Talking

Yo,

Not much to say...
I started school, and so far so hard. English looks pretty okay, French is the same old, Chem is...blah, Stats horrifies me, Journalism excites me, lunch = ughh, and Gov is pretty awesome so far.
Getting up at 5:00? ...Not so awesome.
I'm trying to let go of so many things and just start new-start over, so let's hope it works.

******
The music is loud,
Guitars screeching, blaring
Drums pounding
Vibrations and echoes,
The cheers and
Claps,
As the lights dim
A moment of silence
A note held
As the spotlight illuminates
The petite musician,
Red guitar in hand
Microphone too.

The energy escalates,
The audience jumps, screams
Energy radiates throughout
Excitement can be felt
Bouncing off walls
Enveloping all who
Are witnessing this.

A common happening,
Yet to me
One of the most
Magical.

A musician, lyrics, melodies,
They express so much
And alter life greatly
Bring about new experiences
Emotions.
Concerts feel
Near magical with happiness.
Feeling and breathing,
It all in
Moments I’ve spent
In theaters and venues
The most memorable
--
What I am
Most thankful for

So many united
Feeling
Excited and exhilarated.
*******

...And that my friends, was a half-assed first-day-of-school English writing assignment. (Write a random free-verse poem describing you or something you enjoy. No more than four words per line, around sixty lines long, make sure none rhyme.)
And here's another...

*****



I am named
The name of
A flower
With no middle name
And “Soto”
At the end.

Mexican origin and LA-born
Spanish-speaking
Living in a town
Small dull
Town of the oaks.

I dream constantly
Of many things
And many places
Places to travel
People to meet
And things to experience.

I want to visit
Every corner of
This large world
And indulge myself in
What it all
Has to offer.

Music is my escape
For I truly believe
That it says
What can not be spoken
And conveys bluntly
Every emotion
Putting it into
Lyric and melody.

I have no
Musical talent myself
But I admire
Those who do
Because music impacts lives
Changes them,
introduces new ideas
Brings about unforgettable experiences
It heals and helps
I believe that the
Closest thing to magic
Is the feeling
One gets at
A concert;
The excitement radiating
Different people united
And together
Because of a universal love-
So many stories untold…

I am many things
Sarcastic and kind
Giggling and hopeful
Happy and shy
Thankful for everything
In my life.
Thankful for my brothers
And inspiring parents
And incredible beautiful friends.

I am not
A fan of roller coasters
Or worms or
Early mornings waking up.
I am a fan
Of acoustic songs
Moving lyrics, soulful voices
Live music, screaming crouds
New books, shiny earrings
Peace signs and rainbows
Chinese food and lemonade
Smiles and hysterical laughter
Dogs and dolphins
Cheese-its and vitamin water
Love, life, and living.

****

...I should've put more effort into these, but alass...it was 7:00 AM and well, it was 7:00 AM...

Peace out. :)

No comments: