Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Across the Universe

I posted this here:
http://www.wassheworththismess.tumblr.com
but I was bored and decided to show it some love via Blogspot as well, and hence, a pointless nonsense AI review, in all its bias midnight rambly glory.

1: Crystal Bowersox: Girl’s got an amazing voice on her, and week by week she’s consistently one of the few contestants I actually look forward to watching.
There really isn’t anything I didn’t enjoy about her performance. and the MammaSox nickname did win me over a little more too, not gonna lie. She’s just
so cute and very talented.

2: Lee DeWyze: I constantly spell his last name incorrectly. Lee…he’s growing on me. He’s by no means a personal favorite, but he’s got a good voice, and
you can’t deny that he’s done pretty well the past couple of weeks.

3: Katie Stevens: …Did that just happen? Did I actually get through a Katie performance without feeling the strong urge to punch her in the face? She killed
this song, and I hate to admit that she both sounded and looked very very good. This is painful, guys.

4: Siobhan Magnus: I considered placing Casey here instead, but I have a soft spot for this quirky girl, so I decided against it. Not my favorite performance,
but I liked how it was so different from what I expected. I liked seeing so much vulnerability from her, which I hadn’t really ever seen before. Her breakdown
when talking to her sisters was precious; I teared up, not even gonna lie. A lot of people thought that moment was super corny, but there’s just something
about that and her that I just adore…

5: Casey James: Probably the only other contestant that I fully paid attention too. His best performance since the top 12 shows started, IMO, but I don’t
know..there’s just something about him that I’m not feelin.’ I was a huge fan during those middle shows…but it just kind of faded. It was pretty good,
though.

6: Michael Lynch: He’s fine…he can sing fine…his performance are never Paige Miles bad, but I just get bored. Some are corny, some are just good…but that’s
about it. Truthfully I only watched about half of his performance.

7: Tim Urban: He actually didn’t suck as much as I had expected him too. This, however, definitely doesn’t mean that I *enjoyed* his performance. He needs
to GTFO, if you ask me.

8: Aaron Kelly: Archie’s miniature twin? I don’t know…it’s all just so preschool. I enjoyed that little segment where the others talked about him ten times
more than I enjoyed his actual performance…or, the pieces of it I actually paid attention to.

9: Andrew Garcia: Why, just WHY? Why that song and that arrangement  and that suuuuuuuper corny performance? ‘nuff said.

Remember the good ‘ol days when there was only one or two contestants fans dreaded?

Honestly, I watch primarily for Crystal, Siobhan, and now Lee, I guess. Sometimes Casey. Usually Katie, but only cuz I’ma hater who likes to constantly
complain about her. (tonight was an exception…twiiiiilight zone)

…i couldn’t sleep. this laughable excuse for a review happened.


Is my Siobhan/Crystal favoritism and Tim/Katie annoyance evident? hah.
Life's been so-so. The cousin and aunt are stuck here until the weekend, at least, which is both good and bad. I'd like to have some of my spring break to myself, but at the same time it's nice to have people to keep me entertained. I just hope everybody down in the homelands is okay/hope the earthquakes cease asap.
Getting rid of this cold would also be a plus in my life, but that's irrelevant.

No comments: