Thursday, April 8, 2010

Come Together

Have you ever taken the time to think-really think-about how expansive the world is? About how many people live in it; how many stories, songs, books, lives, experiences it holds? I ponder this often, and it's fascinating and overwhelming and a little disheartening to me all at once. It's so wonderful that there is so much out there, that learning is never really over, that there's something else waiting to grasp my attention and draw me in at any given moment. But at the same time, I find it disappointing that I'll never actually be able to hear every story or every song, to meet every person and be drawn in by each's experiences. I want to.

I wish there was some job that revolved strictly around travelling near and far, interviewing and getting to know any random person, listening to any and every song, reading through every book...

There's just so much out there. Maybe I'm weird, being so interested in everyone else's likes, dislikes, influences, and experiences, but I always have been. Maybe that's why I love reading through/watching interviews, and taking in every new piece of information the artist speaks of. I like when the singer at a concert tells an anecdote about his or her day, or an experience I didn't previously know about...it's just so fascinating to me, no matter how ordinary it is. I like talking to friends...bringing up random stories about each other's lives, families, random experiences of the past...I get so drawn in. I like those corny get-to-know-me features before some like, American Idol-or whatever other reality show-has before each performance with random little tidbits.

I don't know what I'm trying to say by this post. I just want to experience everything-if not through me, through someone retelling a tale. I want to visit everywhere, taste, touch, hear everything under the sun. I know that's not possible, but I strive to do as much of it as possible. Someday. Somehow.

1 comment:

Leah Bartlett said...

i'm SO with you dais. SO. with you. :)