Monday, January 18, 2010

It's a silly time to learn to swim, When you start to drown, It's a silly time to learn to swim, On the way down

Pitter-pat.
It’s raining again, I’m not complaining. There’s something about the rain. I know I’ve said it tons of times, but still, it just amazes me. I don’t know what it is. It’s so hopeless, sad and depressing, and yet, it’s just so…peaceful in a way, and happy, cheery.

I’m not making sense, I’m completely aware.

I’m currently sitting in my darkened room, it’s all silent, and I’m listening to the rain hit the roof…it’s a fast-moving pattern, an unavoidable constant splatter, with the occasional thump of some larger raindrop, and the drizzle of the loose water running down my window.
I can’t really pinpoint why I love the rain so much. I love that it’s just…blunt, if that makes sense. It’s unavoidable. It falls, with no regard for who or what it pelts and covers in its water. It doesn’t stop for anyone, and comes and goes as it pleases. Yet, at the same time, it doesn’t hurt; at least not directly. It purifies, clenzes, grazes and splashes, but not directly does it cause real pain. You could argue that it does, but…I like to believe that those are, indirect consequences.

There’s something so liberating to me about standing in the rain. Without a raincoat or an umbrella, just letting the droplets bounce off you, and drench you. It just makes me feel free in a way. I can’t really explain it. Sometimes I wish I could lie on the roof at night, as the rain fell, just for a little while. I have no idea why, and I know it makes me sound insane, but I’d just like to do that. I’d like to be able to bask in it, to feel it’s massive power, it’s control. The way it comes from so far away, so far above, so far below, and lands on my hand, face, in my hair. The way that water has probably travelled everywhere, and seen so much, so to speak. I wish I could be like it; landing in a new place and a new experience all the time.

And there’s just something about the sound of the rain; whether it’s hitting a roof or the cement below your feet. It’s such a peaceful yet, not so peaceful noise. It’s almost intimidating at times, and yet it lolls me and relaxes me. I love listening to it as I fall asleep, or waking up to it in the middle of the night. It makes me feel calm and it makes me smile. It makes me want to dance in the wrai; it makes me want to cuddle with someone I love, to hold them close and just lay there without saying a word. It makes me want to drive in a car, eyes closed, and gentle music in the background, as the water hits the automobile and creates that sound. It makes me want to let go.

…I have no idea where that ramble came from,.And yes, I’m aware of the fact that it makes me sound a liiiittle psycho, and that it probably makes no sense. It just came to mind, so I wrote it. So yeah…
anyhow..
. things are going okay. Finals are this week; guess who’s not excited? I kind of am, actually. I just want this semester to be over; I want a new start.
Life is…life. Nothing has really changed. I’m still pining over someone I know I’ll never get to be with, which, btw, is a really stupid, painful thing to do. It kinda sucks. Oh, and that tiny schoolgirl crush, yeah, it’s am major crush now, and it needs to stop. ASAP. And that’s more than enough relationship talk for one blog.
Goodnight, bloggers

No comments: