Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Everybody's Gotta Breathe Somehow

Hi blog. So, I'm 18 now, I guess that's cool and worth noting...kinda, not really.
Let me take a few minutes to do one of my 'OMG my mother sucks and my life is just sooo FML because I'm a dramatic teen at heart' posts.

My mom likes to go on long (I'm talking 20 minutes minimum) rant-lectures on how I'm so quiet and unlikable and therefore have no friends and zero social life. She likes to point out how if I were prettier or cared what other people thought, I'd have tonssss of people to hang out with.
Then, whenever people ask me to hang out with them, I tell her and she acts all confused 'Oh, why are they asking you to do that?' Then she goes on about how they're probably just inviting me out because they feel bad for me or are just trying to embarrass me. Depending on what we're doing, she'll find a way to turn it into 'well you can't do that because you're blind and _____'. If nothing else works, she'll start pointing out how my friends are suuuuch bad influences because they, IDK, have piercings, tattoos...boyfriends, anything that she sees unfit. I told her yesterday that I planned on getting a nose piercing. She informed me that 'only disgusting street girls or lesbians get nose piercings...do you want people to think of you like that?'
I know she doesn't do these things to hurt/offend me, that she thinks she's protecting me or...something, and I try not to let them get to me, but sometimes it just gets to be too much-like today-a I just feel like screaming. I guess I could go out or do whatever without her consent-I mean, she never flatout says 'no', and my dad almost expects me to go out, but...I just hate having her mad at me. She has this way of making me feel like I disappointed her, and I hate that feeling and hurting her and...Sigh. I dunno.
To cancel on M or not...
Aaaand so ends rant.
I think it's time for a jog.

No comments: