Saturday, December 26, 2009

You Lift My Feet Off the Ground

I guess this is kind of how I've been feeling/trying to feel for the past week or so.
I just want to be ...happy? Content, yeah, that works better.

I wrote this when I was fifteen...right after I discovered Kate, actually. Haha.

Let me tell you about the feeling I want to have always, in the words of 15-year-old moi:

In a moment of uninterrupted bliss-when things seem to pass by with no scar to leave;
You float-you fly
You smile-not a thought for wich one should cry
Sympathy is there
For those who should be needing it
Only that-no sadness within the one person’s heart-
No particular reason to smile-to feel like you’re flying ten feet above the Earth;
Only the knollege that time is passing-that you are surviving
That someone may care; may want; may hope
That you have the privellege to experience such golden wonders-amongst such a terribly populated world;
Honored in the humblest way-
By others’ success-the times you’ve lived-the one’s still to come-the achievements of those loved dearly-those close to the heart and soul.

A reason to smile with no particular fallback
Just a smile-true; sincere; pure; honest; naive-innocent in the wisest way
Happiness for just living-
For the friend’s hand-their sweet words-the fact that they stuck around for so long-
The memorable song-the one with the catchy beat-the ballad that got you through so much-the fact that you even discovered that one song-the doors it opened.
-sometimes life itself should be reason enough to smile bright-
No, not sometimes; ALWAYS.
The past cannot be altered, but the future is a person’s to shape in the best way they know how.
Success is sweet, I am sure,
However,
Happiness is sweeter, I know.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I don’t have much to say. It’s been soo long since I’ve actually posted something-and this is pretty..low on my standards, but I’m in a good mood, thought I’d share. Smiling is the best-laughter is my drug. Music is my lifeline. Friends are hard to find at the time-but I’ve come to accept the opinions and views, and just hope for the future. Life is for living.  That is all.
PEACE OUT.

xoxo

No comments: